How to use:
- After cleansing the face, take an appropriate amount of serum, and apply it evenly on the face or affected areas. Use twice daily for best results.
- Note: The serum is dark in color, so it leaves the skin slightly discolored. Do not use makeup after applying the serum.
- Glycolic Acid 2.5% - A low percentage, suitable for most beginners in cosmetics, works to clean dead cells, and supports the treatment of acne.
- Salicylic acid 2% - Effectively anti-inflammatory, soothes and dries acne spots, unclogs pores, and effectively controls sebum secretion on the skin.
- Houttuynia Cordata Extract - has a large number of flavonoid polyphenols with antioxidant and antibacterial properties that help improve allergic inflammation. Reduce the harmful effects of UV rays and acne on the skin.
- Centella Asiatica - It has antibacterial effects and prevents the growth of bacteria, increases the ability to clean the skin, and prevents inflammation in sensitive, acne-prone skin.
What is Glycolic Acid (AHA):
- Glycolic acid is a type of AHA derived from sugar cane, which belongs to a series of vegetable acids, soluble in water, insoluble in oil, and with a small molecular size, and good permeability.
- It works best at a pH of 3-4, in addition, AHA can also completely help us reduce acne because due to its water-soluble mechanism, AHA will usually work very well on the surface, even if it does not directly push acne, it also accelerates the process of acne on the surface of the skin by quickly replacing dead skin on the surface.
- Acne is clearly improved by using products containing glycolic acid. In addition, AHA also reduces dark spots after acne.
What is Houttuynia Cordata Extract:
- Houttuynia cordata is a flowering plant native to Southeast Asia. It is eaten as a leaf vegetable, and also has a long history of use in traditional Chinese medicine, including as an attempted treatment for SARS (it didn't really work). Regarding cosmetics, however, houttuynia cordata extract has a good bit of potential!
- The main active components in the plant are these fancy chemicals called flavonoids. Houttuynia cordata specifically has a good amount of polyphenolic flavonoids, four common ones being quercetin, quercitrin, hyperoside, and rutin. All of these exhibit anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties.
- It has also been shown to decrease damage from UVB rays, which is an added bonus. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the flavonoid content of this extract can depend on if the extract is taken from the roots or the leaves, as well as if it's a water extraction or an alcohol extraction.
Precautions and storage:
- Avoid direct contact with eyes, keep out of reach of children. Store the product in a cool and dry place, avoid direct sunlight. Close the lid tightly after use.
Expiry date: 2 years from the date of manufacture. After opening, use within 12 months.
Purified water, Atractylodes Macrocephala, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Glycyrrhiza Uralensis Root Extract, Salix Alba (Salicaceae) Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Extract, Corylus Avellana Seed Extract, Allantoin, Collagen, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol.